View Single Post
Old 06-04-2020, 02:08 AM   #60

Sorry no idea where they came up with the numbers, guess some big wig at EU pulled them out of his bum or sth. AFAIK they only monitor the NOx emission on these. And yea not a whole lot on the streets. There are two ways you can register an ATV here, first and the more popular version is to reg them as a "tractor-quad" which assimilates the vehicle with a farm tractor, there are pros and cons like top speed limitation, license classification (you can ride one with a tractor license) and the insurance cost is lower, these usually are the AWD with winch type quads. The other version is what I have and that is a "light four wheeler" that requires either an unrestricted motorcycle- or a car license, there's no top speed or power limitations but the insurance tends to be on the high side (don't have one yet as I bought this as taken off traffic use and have kept it as such during the rebuild) There's two quads on the streets in my town and both are yellow-plates (tractors) so these speed demon types are in fact quite very rare.

Gonna be interesting learning to ride without leaning as I'm told on a good day, downhill with the wind on your back after a light meal these things can reach 100km/h.
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad