View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 06:52 PM   #1

Trying again: 150cc craigslist scooter

I revived a little 50cc scoot (in sig) but am having title problems. So I'm using it as an around-the-farm beater and have been sniffing around for a cheap/non-running 150cc.

Picked up a TaoTao Evo (which appears to be the successor to the ATM-150) this morning. {Edited to add: I have all the paperwork on this one from the original/only owner. Title work should go well }

Young man put 2400km on it before "it quit working". He dragged it home to the apartment complex where it sat until they started putting "we will tow this inoperable vehicle" stickers on it.

I have no idea what caused it to "quit working" but it will be fun to find out. Looking it over it's clear he slid it, breaking a mirror and skinning the plastics and pipe. The exhaust pipe mounting bolts are loose and at least one has fallen out. But it does not look abused which is a nice change from the little 50cc project.

Starting in on changing fluids, vacuum and fuel lines tonite. Will put the likely-dead battery on the charger. I have a plug, coil/wire, and CDI on the way courtesy of Amazon. I'll let you guys know how it goes. I learned a lot on the 50cc and hope to learn more on this one.

Past: 2012 Honda NC700x, 2014 Taotao ATM-50-A1, 2014 Taotao Evo, 19?? Honda Spree 50, 1982 Katana 550

Last edited by fratermus; 03-27-2016 at 09:41 AM. Reason: repeated word