View Single Post
Old 03-31-2016, 06:23 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tortoise View Post
Airbox snorkel . . but the TaoTao Evo 150 port appears to be missing on many vendor images.
Great information, thanks.

Since the port has already been problematic I think I'll get one without. From memory, I think it was connected to PCV system line. I can handle that some other way. I've temporarily patched the split with E6000.

Today's progress: EGR delete, exhaust header nuts came in and got installed, exhaust hangers secured with generic bolts from the hardware store.

Got in the Gates kevlar belt and installed it. Engine started fine but didn't want to rev, seemed out of balance, and rear clutch engaging at low engine RPM. Wha-a--aa--a-t?

Ok, experienced folk probably figured out there was something wrong at teh variator end, but I'm still learning this stuff. :-) . I hadn't taken the inner plate off (the one with the rollers and ramp) to see if any belt chunks had ended up in there. . I spun the variator around and looked in the holes; one of the rollers was stuck in a weird/outward position. I think this was pushing the belt outward as if the engine were revved, increasing the belt RPM and engaging the rear clutch. Since only one was out this could also explain the increased vibration.

I ordered a set of 18x14 13g sliders and some of those little v-shaped "variator slide" pieces that fit on the ramp. One was missing, or I dropped it, or it turned to dust with the belt.

At this point I think I am a week out from the traditional Highly Illegal Test Ride.

Past: 2012 Honda NC700x, 2014 Taotao ATM-50-A1, 2014 Taotao Evo, 19?? Honda Spree 50, 1982 Katana 550