View Single Post
Old 04-05-2016, 01:33 AM   #14

first test run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'm curious to learn about how the 13g sliders work for you.
They work, although I have no baseline to compare them to. Never rolled the scoot with the damaged stock rollers. I got the sliders in 13g because the stock rollers were 13g. Since I hear you are supposed to go up +1g with sliders I figured it would be an incremental net lightening.

They came in today and I dropped them in the variator a few minutes ago. Generic eBay sliders, "ForExtreme", $14 shipped.

Put some air in the tires, cranked it up on whatever gas was still in the tank from god-knows-when the P.O. put it there. :-) and took it for the first test ride. Since the headlights don't work yet and it's dark on this farm-to-market road I didn't go too crazy.

Motor seems seems strong and willing. I've never ridden a 150cc scoot before and the acceration was surprising. Idle is too low. Ran it up to indicated 50mph before I got scared running on the marker lights only on the unlit roadway.

CVT is smooth and holds a steady indicated 4k rpm on the dash tach under load and readjusts appropriately at neutral throttle and decel. The wikipedia page suggests the max HP is at 7k so if the tach is correct there is plenty of headroom. I'll leave slider weight where it is while I learn how the rescued beast likes to run. After that it sounds like I could lighten them up. I'm not chasing performance though. It's an around-the-village explorer.

Maybe I'll make a video tomorrow and y'all experienced folk can tell me if it sounds like 4k rpm to you.

Past: 2012 Honda NC700x, 2014 Taotao ATM-50-A1, 2014 Taotao Evo, 19?? Honda Spree 50, 1982 Katana 550