View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 11:02 AM   #61

AAAAAAAAARGHHHH!!!!!¡!!!1!!!!

This blasted contraption is SERIOUSLY messing with my zen!!! No matter what I do I cannot get it to rev past five-is thousand rpm!!! Maybe it's the jetting, swapped jetting, did absolutely nothing. Maybe it's the pod filter, removed the filter, did absolutely nothing. Maybe it's the carb, shelled out on a second brand new OEM carb, still absolutely nothing!!! No matter what I do the symptoms remain exactly the same, starts right away, idles like a champ but when I give it the beans it goes rrrapapapapa til 5k rpm and fluctuates up and down in that area. The only things I can think of anymore are; either it's electrical BUT: wiring harness brand new, CDI brand new, coil brand frikken new! OR the homemade exhaust is not flowing enough thus resulting in an incomplete flush cycle at revs. Guess the next thing is to reassemble the front suspension partly using old parts to wheel the thing out and see if it revs with first only the front part of the exhaust and then completely without it. If that does it, gonna order a new poop tube and be done with it. I haven't checked the valve clearances but since it starts right away and doesn't knock they should be good right? AFAIK valve lash cannot prevent the engine from revving.

Another thing is the company I've been waiting the rear brake parts from. I contacted them at 3.6. if they'd kindly re-send me the package and added a few more things I need, have not received a reply. I went to their website and it says there that they will be closed from 4th of june til 17th of MAY! I'm reeeeally hoping that's a typo or I'll be waiting for my parts for another YEAR!!! Starting to seem I'm gonna need to order the parts from elsewhere but the problem is these things are getting pretty rare so I need to collect parts from here there and elsewhere paying shipping fees from each part separately at the same time tying precious few resources into parts I've already paid for, and then try to get the original purchase refunded once they eventually open again.

Completely DONE with rebuilding this thing, I wanna RIDE!!!
Ex:Bashan BS200-S7 `07 Streetfighter-quad