View Single Post
Old 05-13-2015, 01:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
It certainly could be a vacuum leak.

I'm stuck on how you got XR stuff to fit. I have a CB250, and the frame of architecture is larger in almost every way. That said, I'm working with a 69mm bore, so the mouth in the bottom end is larger, and will not accept an XR200 base gasket. I'm intrigued that you got a Honda 65.5 piston to fit; that's good news for another build I'm considering.

Is it a genuine Honda piston, or a Wiseco? Perhaps the compression is too much for a stock China setup that does not have a compression release (like the XR does).
Well the piston & rings kit is Stock OEM honda 65.5mm with the same specs as my original piston, i had searched everywhere for a piston kit and gasket kit for my bike and came up with nothing so i emailed around and contacted a manufacturer in China and he had told me that the 166fmm engines Normally take a 65.5mm piston with a 15mm wrist pin, so it took alot of research and sure enough the piston and rings ect. matched to the T. now not everything from an xr200 will fit, but as far as i have been told the piston and head gaskets are the same. i compared my piston and rings to the new ones, and also the gasket kit i had ordered was a Cometic Honda XR200 2002 gasket kit, i think only 93-02 parts work with the 166fmm engine. You also may be right about the compression being to much, but i did a test and i put my old piston back in with the new rings and same thing happens. i can get the bike to run and actually pretty decent other than a really high idle and my kick start has become very hard, you have to start it in 1 to 3 kicks and on the 3 or 4th your lucky if it doesnt stop before you can kick it down. its kind of odd because this never happend before the rebuild