View Single Post
Old 01-28-2023, 01:13 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Freddy View Post
My dad had one of those Honda Cubs. It was fun and very reliable.
Funny story behind that cub. My dad, at the time, owned an insurance agency and also wrote motorcycle insurance. There was NO WAY he was going to have any of his three boys on one of those death machines! Mind you, this was also pre-helmet law here in CA. Problem was, living in the country, we were pedaling our bicycles everywhere.

My mom felt so bad for us chasing our friends around on mini-bikes and small motorcycles. She's be looking out the kitchen window (picture typical 60's housewife, apron on. June Cleaver, if you will) as our friends went riding by the house, and we'd be trailing along on our bicycles. So, our uncle had the Cub behind his shed. He'd broke his jaw on it a few years prior, and put it out to pasture. Obviously, it was in deep need of repair and didn't run.

So, after much of moms pestering to dad, he picked it up for $50.00, plopped it in the garage with a new, cheap helmet. "If you boys can get it running, you can ride it". I was 9 years old at the time. Two weeks later, we were tearing that little Cub up and down the dirt road in front of our house, and riding all the trails in the area with our friends. Dad wasn't happy.....and probably never forgave my mom, but he kept his word!

2007 Suzuki DRZ400S (SM convert)
2009 Q Link XP 200
1967 BSA B25 250cc Starfire
2022 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650
2023 Royal Enfield Scram 411
1948 Royal Enfield Model G 350