View Single Post
Old 08-10-2023, 02:43 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyR View Post
Agreed. I bought a basket case of an AMF one in 1987 and it's still my main ride. Insanity runs in my family though, and we know it.
Back in the 1990's a guy swore all old Harleys leaked oil and I bet him twenty bucks mine bigod did not. And it was on. I left a newspaper under it a week and he had to pay me. Not true these days though. I was speed shifting and shot second gear through the bottom of the case about ten years ago. Got the second best aluminum welder around to weld the cases back up and it's had a drip there ever since. I'm kind of over tearing it all the way down just for a tiny leak these days with too many other projects but it still bugs me that I couldn't win that bet anymore.

Wife's been bugging me to take her and it out for a ride. Says I've been spending too much time bouncing around on the Templar.

Needs repainting again but I don't want to tear it down for that either.

GOOD GARDEN PEAS!! That thing sure is pretty! She looks well kept too. Thanks for sharing the pic. I would love to find one in close to stock trim and do a little something. I think it will be a cool addition around here and I don't really care how much attention it will need.