View Single Post
Old 01-09-2020, 04:32 PM   #4

The emperor`s new clothes have arrived...

There was a huge box waiting on my pickup space at work this morning (I`m a mailman )and the contents of the said box turn out to be everything I expected and also what I feared... First of all the most obvious one which apparently isn`t quite AS obvious through pictures. The fairings aren`t black. Well thay are black but they`re not jet black, they`re more what I`d call trash-can black The headlight cover is the worst that`s just plain grey, luckily I refurbished the original one though now it`s a completely different shade of black as the rest. Buut I suppose after I get a few rolls of orange über tape on it, it hopefully won`t be as obvious.

The fairings aren`t exactly a bolt-on fit either, some fitting tabs etc need some finishing work, deburring and stuff, some holes drilled that are missing...

...and there`s apparently some differences between the model versions, the basic shape of the fairings is correct but those ankle flaps need to be cut as they`re not in the original fairings as well as the fross brace up front is missing, or to be more precise cut off from the original ones so the headlight can fit in place as currently the reflector is clashing with the said brace.

I`ve been sometimes accused of having an addiction to the color orange---

I hereby declare such accusations quite very propostrous and offending

Rear sprocket and air filter should arrive tomorrow, I however do need to make at least one more order as I took the rear axel assembly apart last night and it appears the axel bearings are completely shot (at 4000km!) as well as the brake disc as it is in fact warped more than it`s own thickness. The brake caliper appears stuck or at least sticking as well but as a new one complete with pads cost 30eur I see little sense in trying to revive it.

EDIT: whoops sorry this forum doesn`t appear to resize pictures, gotta keep that in mind henceforth...

Last edited by Oddball Matt; 01-09-2020 at 05:23 PM.