View Single Post
Old 01-19-2017, 09:17 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis Angel View Post
Well..........I owned one for about 4 months.
Cant give long term review because I had so many issues with it
I quickly traded it for a new Honda CB300F.
However, it's 2nd owner lives somewhat close to me and he is still
using it on the farm to go check fences & cows, and it is still going
being used 90% off road.
Here is a link to my original purchase thread: http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=14456&page=3

I did NOT have a good experience at all with Motobuys.
Maybe you will have better luck with them!

As for speed, don't believe what you read. I installed a Trail Tech Vapor
speedo / tach and after dialing it in a checked the trail tech speedo with GPS and it was 100% spot on. Now the WILL200 speedometer was in KPH,
and IT would show 105 KPH going DOWN HILL. 105 KPH = 65 MPH.
HOWEVER!!! The actual GPS verified speed when the WILL was reading "105KPH" was actually 54 MPH!
So they claim 60+ MPH, based upon their own WRONG speedometer!
Going up ANY uphill grade the bike would quickly fall back to 45 actual MPH. And as far back as 40 MPH on longer steeper hills. And I only weigh 155 lbs mind you. A sprocket change would do no good, it was not, repeat NOT a RPM issue, it was a POWER issue! (or lack there of!)
Also, for whatever reason, mine blew a headlight bulb at the rate of one $11 bulb every 3 days. Yet the voltage output going to the battery read a consistent 13.9-14.1v. :-/ Never figured out why it did that, and neither has the new owner as he rides it with no working headlight. He did add a pair of off road auxiliary LED lights for night riding and they are doing well.

THE GOOD: Rode much smoother than the Honda CRF230L and had a better seat to boot. Had great tires from the factory. And the transmission was butter smooth. LOVED the transmission. Was FAR smoother shifting than
the Honda. Any of the 4 Hondas I have owned, truth be told!
Don't know if all this helped or not. LOL But you asked, so there is my $0.02
It did help a lot! I have heard a lot of great stories about the WILL 200 and a few bad ones. Im taking it all into account. I had a good experience with MOtobuys the first time so hopefully if I make this purchase I will have a good run in with them again.lol thanks!