View Single Post
Old 01-12-2016, 03:10 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct842 View Post
Many of the posted pictures on this and other forums are taken with a camera set on auto settings. You can tell by different light levels off to the side of the main light pattern and don't really tell much because the camera is compensating and trying to make every thing the Same. The camera has to be on a manual setting that is the same for high and low beam settings of the led. I used a manual setting to take pictures of my OPT7 Led which I posted here in the "OTHER BRANDS" forum here. Mine is not perfect but is so much better than the stock h4. I did not consider it to be safe riding at 55mph, now it is.[/url]
Thanks John! I'll have to grab one of my cameras that can let me lock the exposure. I usually just use my iPhone for photos. But I will agree with you that the lighting difference is dramatic. It is also quite a bit brighter when seen from head-on, so it may blind some drivers at night. I'll have to wait for the weekend, but maybe park the bike behind my car and see how bad the glare is. I'll get the camera charged so I'll take pics this weekend.