View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 12:00 PM   #272

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm View Post
I ordered mine from a "canadian" supplier called Belmonte Bikes.

Oddly enough when my bike shipped yesterday it started in California.

Gorgeous bikes!, cant wait to get mine in. Lookin like the 15th or so.

That forumn you linked is like the mines of Moria.
600+ pages. Cant believe my eyes lol
Any suggestion for "absolutely must" modifications to the bike?
It seems that starting with a company called Venom Motorsports of Canada, someone figured out how to get these across the border with the least amount of hassle. Venom deals with bikes on both sides of the border which makes sense since, as you noticed, their bikes all ship out of So. California where these are distributed in the US. Come to think of it, Venom is now carrying these https://www.venommotorsportscanada.c...ize-motorcycle (unless Venom is also known as Belmonte in Canada?) Several Dong Fang bikes are featured in Venom's lineup.

The only modifications besides changing the sprocket, as Barnone suggested, that I can think of would be like numerous members have done with their enduros--change the carb. However, keep in mind, most members own the Hawk 250; the Hawk is not street legal per EPA, so it seems like the carb they used was a compromise carb, so the first modification most members with the Hawk did was change out the carb. The Dong Fang lineup is all EPA certified as street legal in the US, so their stock carb might be decent. At any rate, break in your engine with the stock carb.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard