View Single Post
Old 06-26-2022, 11:00 AM   #22

I wanted to share my experience with this, since this thread is one of the top search results on Google. I was super sketched out at first but my order arrived two days ago and overall the process, for me, was pretty great.

TLDR: I ordered 3 Lifan 200s at 3pm, had them 11 days later by 11am. I had tracking info the entire time, only needed a phone call to finish the order, and all emails were answered within 24 hours.

I figured out that xprousa.com and powersportsmax.com are the same place, and also the same ones selling the lifan xpect on Amazon. No idea why they have the separate sites. If you live closer to CA you can get stuff cheaper from the main site because they charge actual shipping and have bulk discounts, but since I'm about as far away as possible the included shipping from xprousa.com was a better price overall. Both are cheaper than Amazon by a few hundred bucks, and I figured I'm putting in on a credit card anyway.

I bought 3 Lifan Xpect 200s on a credit card, shipped to the address matching the card. Since the order was "so large" they wanted a face-time call before they would process it even though addresses matched. Their phone system is super janky, makes skype sound effects and is full on disconnected after hours. But when I finally did get the video call working the people I talked to were all very much american and spoke perfect english.

The bikes were shipped the next day by R&L shipping. XPRO sent me a tracking number, which worked on the R&L website but R&L never sent me any emails. On the day of delivery I got a text from R&L (didn't even know they had my info), that the bikes would be delivered that day and a signature was NOT required. A tractor trailer showed up that day, driver dropped the bikes off with a pallet jack and I never talked to him other than to wave bye.

My only complain so far is that you have to go to their website after the bikes arrive and enter VIN numbers to order the paperwork to get a title. They never told me that, so I had to wait the day it took them to respond to my email before I could do that.

Regarding the app they tell you to use to track the order, it looked suspicious, so I downloaded it on an old Android phone. Not sure why they don't just use the Play store link and tell you what it is, but it's just the Shopify app. It's a totally legit app by a legit company. Shopify basically handles online purchasing for most small business running stuff online. It's probably built right into Shopify's billing system and is only updated when the seller actually updates the info, which they did eventually but it was days behind.