View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 01:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Not sure where 'technology' is supposed to be a good thing when it comes to motorcycles, and to a lot of extent, vehicles in general.

I understand that engines have to get more technology thanks to stricter emissions, at least in industrialized nations, but there is a lot of technology that seems to be technology just for the sake of it, not necessity. The article is from Australia which has massive amounts of wilderness, not to mention there are many places with massive amounts of wilderness. 'Adventure' bikes are meant for THESE wilderness areas, and the worry about being stranded in the literal middle of nowhere due to 'technology' is not something I would want to experience.

I know this guy, he loves to ride motorcycle but he is short on cash, so he can't really afford a 650 from Yamaha, Honda, etc.
A Cfmoto is pretty much 1/3 of an equivalent 650 from the big brands.
He had two cfmoto 400, he sells them when they reach the 50.000 km mark.
Last year he got a Cfmoto 650, he is very happy with it..
But he had an issue when the motorcycle was brand new, while he was riding the motorcycle just shut off. He couldn't turn it on again, there was no signs of anything wrong it... It was a loose wire that was messing with the ecu....