View Single Post
Old 06-21-2023, 01:33 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronin93313 View Post
Are they available for purchase anywhere yet?
I would contact Pete at Kronik Racing in Simi Valley. He sells boatloads of the Boom/Baodiao Vaders (both locally and delivery all over SoCal as well as mail-order to further areas) and knows and sells the performance upgrades for them. Vaders are California legal. that being said, and as everyone has mentioned the Lifan SS3, they will become California legal and Pete also sells those (right now to out-of-state customers via mail-order) so should have some insight into when the CARB-legal ones will be available.

There are a couple other Chinese brands with 'premium' minis that are CARB legal such as from both Benelli and QJMotor which are related and are both distributed via SSR Motorsports in the US (and they are out of of So Cal if you are in the L.A. area). http://www.ssrmotorsports.com/

I think there are other brands of premium Chinese brand minis as well that are CARB certified, but my mind is drawing a blank right now, but hopefully someone can toss in some names for you.

I, personally, feel the Lifan would be the most worth it due to its superior power rating and from several members and numerous videos on YouTube--VERY high quality), but sometimes it takes months and months after obtaining certification before the bikes show up on our shores and in shops. However, they may be available as we speak, so I suggest to contact Pete.

Deckard_Cain suggested to look into the RPS Condor 150 (RPS being the same company that is owned by Hensim, who manufactures the Hawk 250), but I am fairly certain those are not CARB legal (but look around--they may be?).

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard