View Single Post
Old 03-05-2024, 10:38 AM   #7

I had the DB36 and do not recommend. It weighed more than my WR450F, would ping like crazy when riding tight single track (thought it would destroy the piston) and often not wanting to restart when hot. There's a possibility the main jet was a little lean but it didn't bog or perhaps it the ignition trigger was to advanced from the factory. In under two weeks (no track riding) I lost one spoke and many others very loose.

On the opposite end of the scale was the EGL A17, some build issues but once corrected it would run against anything in the woods (EXC300, CRF250X, etc) and had the best clutch and brake handles I've ever seen on any bike. It was far better balanced than the DB36 and lighter. I ran it at the track and would hit about 40' - 60' jumps with no issues. For MX beginner riders (D class), it'll do anything you can throw at it. She wouldn't be competetive for C class under any circumstance. Very reliable with the weak point being a battery is required and will not run without it (cannot be kick started with a dead battery).

EDIT: Not really any difference than your KLR, so disregard!