View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 05:17 PM   #21

I implemented the suggestion from someone on this forum (sorry but can't remember who) to solve the problem with the lack of a trip meter on the XF200. It's a combination trip meter/disk lock now showing 0453 KMs since last fill up. Now I need to find some ribbon to tie from the lock to the handle bars to remind me to remove it when it is used as a disk lock.

My shoulders are too wide to allow me to use the stock mirrors. So I ordered a set of bar end mirrors (Ebay ) to get around the problem and I am tickle to death with the results.

I cut the end out of the left side grip by just sticking a knife in and following the inside of the handle bar. Then I inserted the mount into the end of the handlebars and tightened it up. Adjusting the mirror took a few tries but now I have a good view of what's behind me.

This is the first time that I have used a bar end mirror and I am very happy with the rear view. Weird feeling not having mirrors sticking up on the front of the bike. Cleans it up for the boy racer look.

I just needed one mirror to get a good view so I saved the other one in case I drop the bike.

Probably wouldn't want to do this on your bike that you ride in the dirt if you tend to drop it like I do.

Another advantage of the mod is that they also acts as a bar end weight to maybe reduce some vibration in the handle bars.