View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 09:58 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind
Thanks for the update. Got pics? I imagine that you'll be watching the plug closely after removing the smog stuff; not sure how timing is altered at the factory to compensate for it.

I have seen that dyno pull before, but I hadn't read the forum page that lead up to it. Thanks for the link. 8)
He got 20HP out of the XF on his dyno. WOW

I don't see how removing the secondary air injection (air pump or SAI)would effect the air/fuel ratio in the combustion chamber since it is down stream of the cylinder in the exhaust port. I've been checking the plug because of the less restricted muffler. Going this morning to see if I can find the larger jets at a local shop. Beautiful day for a ride. Will take some photos when I get back.

In the mean time....

I seen pictures of some of the earlier XF/XPs that had the air injection in the head pipe.

Finally found one of the sites where I got educated on the SAI removal for the XF/XP.
http://www.mychinamoto.com/forums/showthread.php?499-Exhaust-can-for-Qingqi-QM200GY-(aka-Qlink-etc)/page5&highlight=qlink

That link has a list of some of the different names for the bike.

Following are photos from that site.

What was removed.

Plate to block SAI port in engine.

Plate in place. I used 1/8" aluminum and pained it black.

I've removed the air injection system on other bikes including two Kawasaki W650s and several late carb model Triumph Bonnevilles with no change in plug color. Removing the air injection system on the Triumphs really reduced the bluing of the head pipes so they ran cooler.