View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 02:42 PM   #50

Man, being one legged sucks when trying to get stuff done. Now I know where the old saw 'busier than a legged man at an a$$ kicking contest' comes from.

I was able to get the babbit bearings in the head stock shimmed. I don't feel any end play or side to side play but I haven't put a dial indicator on it yet, either. I also got the new belts on. It wore me out.

There's an old Willis Brothers song called "I Need Forty Acres To Turn This Rig Around". That's my scooter in the garage. About 2 hours is all my knee on the scooter can take.

Mrs.C got a bit snippy with me when I came in about the overhead door in her garage not closing. I suggested she brush the cobwebs off the sensors and make sure they are aligned. She comes in with the churlish, "It's still not working."

So I returned the with my own and said "I would go out to look after lunch." Followed by, "Why are you yelling at me?"

I hobble out to her garage and hit the button. Yep, the door drops about 6" and goes back up, followed by the flashy light. I hobble to the west side sensor. It's clean and square. I looked over at the east side sensor and said,"Oh!"

I hobbled over to the east side sensor and tapped a couple times with my crutch then told Mrs.C to hit the button. Down came the door. She asked how and I told her the sensors were out of line. "But I looked?"

She's been very quiet this afternoon. I probably should mount a rear view mirror on my scooter.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts

Last edited by cheesy; 03-06-2024 at 02:44 PM. Reason: English is a stupid language.