View Single Post
Old 09-22-2016, 09:02 PM   #14

Not sure if I should weigh in on this.. but what the heck, the water is warm.

Everyone has an opinion and Everride is entitled to his. But like many opinions, I don't have to agree with him. And having his friends provide their opinions does not validate is opinion or theirs. If the bike works for you, that's fine. If it does not, that's fine also. There is no perfect bike. Just like there is no perfect flavor of ice cream. Vanilla? Strawberry? Chocolate? Neapolitan for the indecisive or those that want it all? It's all good.

The RX3 hits so many points for me. Sure, it's not perfect and I'll freely admit it. I would like another 10-20 horsepower, I would like a more comfy seat, I would like slightly larger panniers and top case without going to the Tourfella cases. All of these things can be fixed with enough money. But that's not the point of the bike. It's a tremendous value for what it is, and quite frankly, that the bike survived the rough riding Everride put it through without a failure is probably a much higher testament to the bike than Everride really gives it credit for.

Would I ride my RX3 on roads like that? Maybe. But not at those speeds. I'm old enough that speed isn't what works for me. What does work for me is a bike that can do it all, and do it reasonably well. The RX3 is great at that. Besides, if you're looking at a 250cc bike (any 250cc bike) you're really not looking for speed anyway.

Now the review that Peter linked... that's a solid review. It was fair and balanced, and really showed the thought process to arriving at the conclusion that the RX3 worked for him. I liked that review quite well.

At any rate, I agree that this bike isn't for everyone. But for those that find it agreeable, it's a fantastic ride. My $0.02...