View Single Post
Old 09-13-2008, 10:54 PM   #15

Quote:
Vince Rocks!
Vince tries really hard! Thanks for noticing! (Vince Also Enjoys referring to himself in the 3rd person...)
Quote:
I hope I'm not fanning flames. It is not my intent. I've actually held off speaking up since I'm kind of new here. I'm just puzzled by the controversy. Are dealers welcome or not? Am I the only one that is wondering why the hostility?
Well, again, keeping in mind that I am in *no* position of authority whatsoever, Here's my take on things.

China-bike dealers and "manufacturers" seem to come and go like the tide. One day they're the number 1 dealer in Arkansas, the next day there a "For Sale" sign in the Real Estate Review. There's really no great way to vet out who's the awesomest, and who's the awfullest, at least not from Saskatchewan where I am. The only thing we can go by is postings, and the validity of their advice. With only 17 posts to go by, we don't have a large amount of content to draw from.

No one ever reads the forum rules, but it does clearly state that dealers must identify themselves, I can't speak for the community, but It kind of makes me wonder when dealers don't. As well, It takes a while to get used to the way the forums run, who's who, and want to post, and what not to post. (Look up my 5th post on Welders in China, and what I got told.) It takes time and familiarity to build a reputation, and it takes time and familiarity for us to get a handle on different personalities, and how to interpret their posts.

Example: IronFist is a genuinely nice guy, and his posts should be taken at face value.

VinceDrake Still owes IronFist a favour, so he sucks up to him at every oppourtunity.

Also, to complicate the politics of things some more, As this is the Internet's number 1 China Bike resource, a long of the "wrong" kind of dealer tend to be attracted. Some of us feel that we should protect the less knowledgable from the Spammer/Scammer types.

For those who are interested, here are the 3 categories of "dealers," as near as I can figure:

Category A: Bruce. Bruse is awesome, and has donated a ton of information and knowledge to the board. You should buy him a beer.

Categtory B: abcpowersports The type of dealers come in spam the board, about 40 posts in 2 days, All of which say,"Call me! I have Parts! I'm Awesome!" get no calls, and then disappear, realizing we're not stupid.

Category C: The Defenders. This type only pops up when they're being slammed. ***COUGH, COUGH AmericanLifan, COUGH! "The Defenders" like to do something incredibly stupid, and then try to defend themselves, with no credibility, because they have never offered anything to the board, except their pitiful lame excuses as to why they do incredibly stupid things...

Now here's the politics of it! Category A, has to keep being awesome, or they get domoted, to B, or god forbid, C. Category B, desperately wants to be an A, but usually they disappear, or go bankrupt first. Category C has no hope whatsoever. C just sucks, and are completely useless.

So there it is. I personally have to major beef with Mr Doug, and hopefully he will return to get elevated from Category B to Category A.

Now if I could only figure out Non-dealer politics...

--Vince