View Single Post
Old 08-28-2015, 04:23 PM   #6

Just want to let you Hawk owners know of a few issues that I have run into with my bike and have fixed through trial and error. First off I started having some issues with the bike bogging down when I would give it gas. It would idle just fine but if I gave it gas it would almost die. So first I replaced the spark plug( P.S. the spark that I bought from MOTOBUYS that came with the bike was NOT THE RIGHT ONE). You will need a DPR8EA-9 spark if you get an NGK. Bike seemed to run a little better,but I could tell it was running rich. So I took all the plastics off and found that the silicon that the company uses around the pipe from the carb to the air box is crap. Because the exhaust is close to the air box the heat had melted the silicone away, causing it to get too much air and the carb gave more fuel to compensate for more air. So I got some high temp automotive silicone from a local auto parts store as well as a new air filter as the other has soaking wet with fuel. Bike runs like a champ now.

Another thing I've run into is loosing bolts and nuts due to the vibrations. I tried to contact the dealer I bought the bike from to get more but I never got a response. So I went to a large local hardware store(I say large because the small hardware stores in my area don't have metric bolts). So just for those of you who might loose a bolt or two, the size you will need is a 6mm. I searched all over the internet trying to find out what size I needed and couldn't find what size so I had to trial and error that as well.