View Single Post
Old 05-22-2020, 12:06 PM   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Have you found a solution yet to adjust the ecu from rongmao? I have the same problem.
Hi Eddy, yes and no.

Are you trying to adjust the speed limiter from 25 to 34? then i have to disappoint you.

I contacted Rongmao in China yes, i am fluent in Google Translate and asked them if there are any solutions available. They told me the following:

The software that they use to remap the MT05 ECU with specific parameters is not for sale.

They sell devices for 200$ (see picture) that can remap your rongmao MT05 ECU to very specific speed limits:

1. 25KM/H
2. 45KM/H
3. Unlimited KM/H

I really wonder what kind of commands go through the cable though, if only there was a way to sniff that data then maybe we could replicate the process using other values.

I was thinking about a workaround as well, the ecu measures the REV which is a pulse, in theory it would be possible to use a arduino (they are capable of pulse modulation) and program a conversion table for it. Presuming that you would like your scooter to run 34 KM/H and is currently limited to 25 KM/H that would kinda look like this: measured REV example minus 34% and feed the result over REV cable to the ECU. I will come back to this.

And maybe even better: if we could find out if there was a way to use SLEW to temporarily increase the REV limit then in theory it would be possible to inject these SLEW commands over Bluetooth using the ELM337 with a phone.

Please, let correct me if i'm wrong, my knowledge about the subject is still limited compared to other users on this forum
Attached Images