Thread: Csc rxr
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 11:18 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I purchased a RXR 250 and have been breaking it in according to the suggested limits on Rpms, brake use, fuel and top cylinder lubricant. I put another 80 miles on it today.
In the past I have read and heard about the poor quality brakes on the RX-3 and how you can't get the rear tire to skid, even when pressing extra hard on the rear brake, and no matter how hard you squeeze the front brake lever the bike doesn't want to stop. Well I used my past method of seasoning the front and rear brake pads and find my brakes can lock the rear wheel and the front is so strong I can use it alone to stop my bike.
So the complaints about the RX-3 poor brakes must be due to improper break in, or my RXR's lighter weight compared to the RX-3, (at least 50 pounds lighter) so the brake shoes or discs may be inadequate for the heavier RX-3.
Maybe the poor brakers may have glazed their pads or warped the discs.
Anyway, the brakes are as good as a lot of my past and present bikes.
I'll post more as I progress.
I'm glad you are enjoying your RXR.

The rear brake of the RX3 is plenty strong; it locks the rear wheel easily. The front brake is also strong, but the brake rotors are bad, and will pulse the front brake after a few thousand miles.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894