View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 02:33 PM   #705

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqwert View Post
CSC billet, skid plate, and original design center stand installed. Center stand is useless without help. CSC now has a redesigned center stand that is supposed to work a lot better.

CSC LED bulb installed. Odd pattern, gap between low on ground too close, high in trees, not on road. Tiny bit brighter than SYLVANIA 9003/H4 SilverStar Ultra Halogen but pattern is not full like halogen bulbs. Going back to a pair of 4x6 headlights with both high/low with J. W. Speaker military spec bulbs or active motorcycle bulbs with auto turn illumination after court fight with dumb cop.

Been a busy vacation.
Regarding the center stand, yes, the redesigned one works much better. It's one piece and allows you to put the bike up on it without assistance,
just like every other center stand out there. It does have interference with the side stand, though, so you have to put the side stand down first and then the lower the center stand. Raising requires the reverse, center stand up first and then the side stand.

For the H4 headlight bulb, there is a much better alternative to CSC's offering available: GENSSI's Elite model. It is available off of eBay, in both 2 packs for cars and singles for motorcycles. It features LED emitters that match the size and location of the filaments on halogen H4 bulbs as well as having a low beam cutoff, so it functions correctly with the RX3's headlight reflector. At least it does with the newer, late 2015 and on US / Canada headlight assemblies. I can't say anything for the early 2015 models, so you might need to upgrade yours if that is what you have in order to reap the benefits of the GENSSI bulb. I can say that it puts out a lot more lumens than the stock OEM 35 watt H4, in the proper light dispersal pattern, and does not overheat and melt the headlight reflector since it uses the same 35 watts as the stock bulb. I consider the bike unsuitable for night riding with the OEM bulb unless you have added auxiliary lights or installed this GENSSI unit.

Vacations - more work than work, in my opinion.