View Single Post
Old 05-04-2021, 01:21 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnone View Post
Who you asking?
I don't think that Ice Bear actually manufactures the ones they sell. The Ice Bear Vision 150 I own is like the ones that other sell with their brand on them. I don't think Wolf manufactures the bikes they sell.
According to the EPA/DOT certification list, the parent company (I cannot recall offhand who it is) of Ice Bear is the manufacturer of record. They actually certify their CT70 replica with their scooters. I recall Pete from Kronik Racing saying good things about Ice Bear, but I do believe he had a falling out with them so no longer shows Ice Bear on his site. I think it had something to do with one retailer getting better treatment than his and others from Ice Bear, not due to quality. He never had good things to to say about Taotao, which is why he never carried them, but did carry other low-cost brands, such as Ice Bear.

However, Wolf's scooters use ZNEN as the OEM from what I remember. ZNEN is the OEM for several brands, including BMS, SSR, Amigo, and others. From what I gather, ZNEN is pretty decent, and companies can spec the models to their liking, which is why some 'brands' (i.e. Amigo or Wolf) have a good rep.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard