View Single Post
Old 04-27-2020, 02:02 PM   #8

I suspect some of the clone carbs are defective. Just I mean, these China parts are night and day if you're used to Japanese products.

The hub carrier for the Grom should only be around $60 for an OEM one. I've seen photos in Clone groups where the 190 damaged the stock hub or so the posters said. So rather than risk it I spent the $60. I also had the bug at the time. You know? Where you keep dumping money and fixing something for no good reason.

Yeah the stock swinger is awful and those chain tensioners.

If you know how to fab and all that this will be great. I don't know how to do any of that nor do I have the tools. This bike, mine came damaged out of the box and I had to learn to wrench and gather tools if I wanted to get around at the time. I had messed with 2t dirt bikes back in the day but the ones from Japan never needed work. They just kept pouring it on. But an 80cc was 5k.

If I could do it again, I would get the Daytona. I don't like the idea of transmission failure at less the 5k miles and I doubt I could do it on my own. I've seen them for $1100 shipped with a coupon code, plus that comes with a 4v head.

I want to go for a ride but it is raining.