View Single Post
Old 09-21-2016, 08:14 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921 View Post
It does, I found that out when I went to install mine today.

I went into the install with the knowledge from here that there might be problems with the cable. I noticed that the end didn't go all the way into the top cap like before. I grabbed the calipers and took some measurements. The old cap has a .252 opening, the new, .222. Guess what? The cable end is .235...wasn't gonna fit. I had two choices here, increase the new cap opening or try the old cap (like Adjuster suggested). I went with the simpler option and it fit. I spent the rest of the time getting my hand toasty adjusting the two screws. Mine came with 100/I don't know jets...probably 20 according to Darth. The clip was at the bottom position out of the box so, thanks 2LZ for alerting us to that. I put it in the middle to start. I got it running pretty smooth but the weird thing is that turning the choke on after warm up has no effect. Usually it makes it stall. I'll start it tomorrow after work and see what happens.
I didnt measure the cap but I did try my stock one with the mikuni being that it fit and I still had no luck. Glad you figured out another way still not sure if that would of worked for me though. No expert on carb tunning but if the choke has no affect and is functionin correctly while warm id say you are lean.