Thread: $5895 for RX4
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 12:08 PM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
Single cylinder motorcycle vibrations:
At what engine rpms and highway speeds does the single cylinder engine of the RX4 create hard vibrations that make the rear view mirrors vibrate so much that the rider can not see much behind. My BMW G310GS has this problem when I’m riding at certain speeds.
I want to know if you can cruise at WHAT SPEED on the highways and still be able to view traffic in the bikes rear view mirrors. I’m hoping that if you’re cruising at 60 mph in 5th or 6th gear the mirror images are not vibrating and ruining the rear view.
Please explain in detail how to avoid rear view mirror blurring.
Thanks,
PCG
There is some vibration at 60 MPH, but it is very minimal; and nothing at all like the RX3. You can discern the difference between a car vs a truck behind you, for example. I have not tried my RX3's Double Take RAM mounted mirrors out on the RX4, but I can tell you that the RX4's OEM mirror vibrations match, or best, the Double Take mirrors vibration when they are installed on the RX3. I would think that the Double Take mirrors would completely eliminate vibration when mounted on an RX4. And vibration is about all that you would need them for, since the RX4's mirrors do not hit the ground when the bike goes down. At least not on pavement; I can vouch for that personally. If I get a chance, when the weather clears here, I'll switch over one of the RX3's Double Take mirrors and let yo uknow how it does in the 55-75 MPH range. Supposed to rain the next two days, so it will probably be Friday or Saturday before I can get to it.