View Single Post
Old 01-10-2020, 05:27 PM   #6

Here`s the link, there seems to be two kits available when I post this so future viewers check availability. Seems to be the case with any part on these, all are running out as new parts aren`t available anymore so looks like I`m in the nick of time with this restomod.

The link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/362829523549

The seller is Happy Motor Parts Germany.

New jetcone air filter arrived from the UK today, was a bit of a challenge to find a 44mm filter with at least a 45 degree bend at the neck to make it fit as the new carb sits at a bit of an odd angle much closer to the frame rail than the original.

Fuel line fitted, I do have a petcock as well but that will have to wait as it needs a new bracket welded into the frame. The original tank is so ridiculously small I`m planning to make a "touring" mod and fab a second subframe to replace the twelve-o-clock bar at the tail end with a top box that will have a second tank to extend the range to reach a dear friend nearly 400km away (just hoping the quad can take that...) so the petcock has a two -way gate as if to have a reserve but the other intake will be routed into the top box.

Tomorrow gonna hit the stores and get all kinds of fluids lights etc.

But please someone tell me who was it that though it`s a great idea to paint the engine turquoise...