View Single Post
Old 07-22-2016, 01:50 PM   #1336

Well, I decided to finally take care of insuring and plating the bike today. I called Progressive and talked to them, and they were able to quote me for liability... but that's all. Turns out, since it's not listed on Kelley Blue Book or NADA (more on that in a moment) they can't price out coverage for parts, theft, or collisions. Lame, eh? I know a lot of folks prefer liability-only, but I'm not one. I especially like the option of having someone pay for towing and a rental if I'm out on a road trip when a breakdown occurs.

Just out of curiosity, I checked NADA and found that they had the suggested retail but no used value or average retail price, and KBB says they don't have any pricing at all, despite an email CSC sent out with the bike from KBB with the suggested retail price information.

Ah well, at least it's an inexpensive bike, so replacement parts aren't too bad. Medical coverage would sure be nice though.

In any case, the registration was just fine. Had to pay sales tax and the registration fee, and the only thing left for me to do is the VIN inspection. Now I have a temp tag I can (legally) ride it up to the DMV and get the VIN inspected. I could also have a police officer do it, but why waste a chance to ride?

Rojo, I just read that same post this morning! I would love to know more about how it went! I haven't heard anything about that adventure here, on ADVRider, or the CSC owner's group on Facebook. Hopefully someone will write up a report about it! Looks like they had a blast though.

Current: CSC TT250