View Single Post
Old 06-22-2023, 09:16 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
The engine number indicates it's a CG200 and the frame looks like my old 2007 Lifan 200. The HS in the engine number indicates it was made by Hensim? Back in 2007 many similar bikes were imported and sold as Lifan 200s or generic GY200s. My Lifan had a 6 pin AC CDI but not the same as a GY6 CDI. The wiring harness for a horizontal engine pit bike will not work.
HS is either Hisun (i don't recall them bringing in dual-sports, but maybe they did), or the much more popular Hensim as you mentioned-- Hensim now known as RPS. There was a company called HiBird which had near identical clone bikes of the Lifan GY-2 model (as opposed to the VERY popular GY-5 model) and if memory serves me they were a contract manufacturer for Lifan, so it made sense that their bike was identical to the GY-2.

Hensim and HiBird were also two of the first companies to bring in dual-sports that were over 200cc to the US market (offered as '250'). The only other company that had bikes offered as '250' was Asiawing which seemed to be a one container special.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard