View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 08:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by david3921
Spud, culcune is right (as usual) about Qlink. Here's the full scoop as far as I can tell;

JP Motorsports is selling both the Qingqi 250 (Liger) and the Qlink 200. The 200 is a re-badged Qingqi.

Qlink is still selling(?) the 200 in both the motard and dual sport models. They are also supposed to be selling a re-badged Shinerays as their 250 motard and DS models. Both are watercooled. There is another 250 they are supposed to be selling that also looks like it's a re-badged Shineray. This one is aircooled. Nobody has seen the Shineray based models yet.

CCW is supposed to be selling a 250 motard that is a re-badged Qingqi.

...and the Pitster Pro XTR250X is the same motorcycle also.
Thanks for the vote of support, but I have lost some touch with the industry side of Chinese bikes the last couple of years. Oengus (here on CR) or MJH (his alter ego on mychinamoto) is the industry guru. I can find obvious background items of interest here and there, such as this nice surprise just when I lost some hope with CCW's recent announcement of their Hooligun not making it this way,and PP offering this bike in Canada.

And yes, Qingqi is a confusing brand name around the world. I think there are 3 different brands for the motard/ds in the UK alone!! S. America sells several of the bikes, too, under several different brand names. They have been gaining credibility due to the Suzuki connection in S. America with European and other motorcycle tourists traveling to S. America, buying one new (as opposed to shipping their own bike at great expense, or buying a beat-up used bike from the locals or another tourist), and successfully making a good tour of the countries there.

MICrider, the only bikes showing on Qingqi's site under 'adventure' with DS wheels are the 200 models--the 250cc bike only comes as a motard. Keep in mind, their site hasn't been updated for a few years, though, so don't lose hope yet!

http://www.qingqi.com.cn/en/productlist.aspx?cid=14

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard