View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 10:11 PM   #8

I appreciate all the help. So it looks like this bike is a Jincheng JC150Y.
Also rebadged as a Midwest JC150Y, and of course, the one I have....which appears to be the only one in existence the JVS 150-ZR.

The stamping on the jug, and the decoding of the VIN suggest a larger displacement than what the naming implies.

I'm thinking that the steel frame was made by JIALING Industrial, purchased by Jincheng and then made into the motorcycle. That's the only thing I can come up with as to why the 2 different VIN numbers.

While looking at the pictures of "all the other" JC150Y-ish bikes, I've found that some are electric start. mine is not. some have a bit different of a jug. on mine on the backside (facing rear wheel) there is cover / block-off plate for what looks like another intake, or exhaust.

In some of the pictures i've seen, this "port" is on the rear brake side, and has a steel tube attached to it, going up under the gas tank.

Any thoughts on what this might be?

Also, I can not for the life of me get this thing started by kicking it. The previous owner said it needed a "kicker spring" but wouldn't elaborate. Said he last had it running 2 years ago, and that was only by bump starting it. I haven't tried bumping yet...because the clutch cable is destroyed. But I put a new NGK plug in, and it has a beautiful bright blue spark. I'll probably take the carb off and clean it. then try bumping it.

Any thoughts on the "kicker spring"..

AND

Is there a better spot that I should be moving these questions to?

Thanks.