View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 10:46 PM   #11

Hawk Exhaust

Wow! I got my exhaust installed and I love it! It really opened her up! I took some temp readings before I removed my de-cat OEM exhaust. at the header I was getting readings of about 690 degrees. At the first bend it was about 250 degrees. That pipe held allot of heat right at the connection. At the air box I was getting readings of about 260 degrees right below the air box at the pipe. Right after the air box on the pipe it was about 280 degrees. At the stock OEM pipe itself I was getting readings of about 150-180 degrees. Now, for the new pipe. At the header on the new pipe, the readings are about 300-343 degrees. With my heat shield in place right below the air box my readings are 143-173 degrees. I can pretty much touch the top of the heat shield without it being too hot. I mounted my pipe at the lowest I could go to give clearance to the air box. The heat shield is not touching the air box. At the pipe its about the same at 150 degrees. The diamond bits helped with enlarging the header flange holes. That took some work.
Attached Images