View Single Post
Old 10-02-2023, 03:35 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sport Rider View Post
it coulda been worse. it could have been the black water tank.
It was. At least it was empty.

We're going to do what I didn't want to do after buying the trailer and that is replace the Chevy. I was going to look at a new Ram and use my Mopar Family Discount. Two things shot that down. Even with the discount, I was looking at almost $60K and my Dad said he couldn't recommend the new Rams. SIL has had nothing but trouble with his 2019 2500. Looking like engine #3 on the horizon.

So, used we go. I live in a small town and want to try and keep my money here. The local Chevy dealer has a few pick ups that have my interest. And a couple that don't. The F150s with the Ecoboost engines can stay on the lot. Both of those have the 2.7 engines.

The others are a pair of Chevys. One is 2017 1500 with the 5.3, 73K on it, bed cap,4wd, and a lot of toys. The other is a 2015 2500 HD with the Duramax diesel, 93K on it and 2wd. Drawbacks are both are close to $40K. The 2500 is set up for towing but it has a 5th wheel hitch in the bed, and the 2wd. There's stuff on the 1500 that strikes me as unnecessary, but I'm a curmudgeon.

The vehicle that has really piqued my interest is an 07 F350 SRW with a 6.0 Powerstroke. Comparable mileage to my Chevy and really clean. 4wd, Warn hubs up front, and an 8ft bed. And it's under $20K. Drawbacks are that it's a 1 ton and will require more costly Illannoy D plates along with twice a year safety inspections. It also has what looks like an unused snow plow on it.

Pics of the trucks.
The 1500.

The 2500.

The F350.

If we get the F350, I can flip the plow and cover registration for a few years. I could also flip the 5th wheel hitch on the 2500. Nothing to flip on the 1500 but I'd really have to get used to the tech.

07 Ural Gear Up
79 Honda CX500
77 VeloSolex 4600 V3
73 VeloSolex 3800

I'm making this up as I go.-Indiana Jones

Telling me something 'is for my own good', is a fast way to a fat lip.-Me

I don't even care about my own problems, why should I care about yours?-Quote on one of my favorite t-shirts