Thread: Tmec 200
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 10:05 AM   #1

Tmec 200

Here we go...

My Tmec 200 arrived yesterday.
I don't want to say where I bought it from yet, as I want to give them a chance to fix the problem.
But... I called before I placed my order to make sure they had the motard style wheels and tires, and the sales rep said " absolutely, just make sure you put it in the notes of the order"... so I did.
I'd like to note here that the only reason I bought the Tmec over 3 or 4 other options was for the wheels and tires. (expletive deleted)
It came with full blown knobbed off-road tires..

I hope they try to fix that because I have 3 friends waiting to see how my experience turns out to decide if they want to order some Chinese bikes.

Next... Ive read about this before, but I already had a smaller sprocket waiting when the bike arrived. I had read that people had problems with snapping the bolts off, but that cant happen to me right? wrong

The first bolt I tried to turn out of the rear sprocket snapped right off.
So I didn't even try to pull the other ones out.
Now comes all the questions.

Does anyone have any fancy tricks for getting bolts out of the hub that seem to have the strongest Loctite known to man in them.

If I just leave the 5 bolts in the current sprocket, can it be driven like that?
I feel like these bikes don't have enough torque to rip 5 bolts out of a hub.

If I order new wheels, Do they have to have the same hubs? or can they be different as long as the disks match up with the caliper?

#4 Damn it ass poop fart I just want to get out and ride.

P.S.
I'm going to have to shop around here in pa to find a notary that doesn't want to send my MCO and Vin Etching to Harrisburg to get approved because of this damn L at the start of the VIN