View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 02:29 AM   #6

Thanks for posting the detailed list.

Having assembled my bike and ridden it for over 900 miles, I can add a few comments. The RX3 is continually being improved by Zongshen, so some of the items on the detailed list above are no longer problems for the bikes being sold in the United States.

There is no need to check the crankcase vent. The crankcase vents at the front, left side of the engine. The vent goes to an oil separator, which separates into two tubes. The lower tube collects any excess oil which has been vented from the engine, and the tube descends to an area near the front of the skid plate. This tube has a plug to prevent any excess oil from venting to the ground. Do not remove this plug until you wish to empty any of the excess oil which might have been collected. After you do remove any excess oil, replace the plug. The plug not only protects the environment from oil pollution, but it also prevents dirt from entering the system, and fouling the oil separator.

The upper tube exiting the oil separator goes back and enters the air box, where it can either vent to the engine, or the outside air, via the air filter.

I have examined the entire exhaust system, and I cannot find any wires or tubes which are in danger of being damaged from excess heat. The rear brake line is well below the exhaust header and muffler. It is securely routed along the swingarm, and is well protected. I did not find any evaporative system tubes anywhere on my motorcycle. If such tubes exist, they are not located anywhere near the exhaust system.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894