Thread: Tao Tao bull200
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 09:14 AM   #290

I ordered another swing arm bushing but it's not going to ship until the end of May so I'm not going to do anything to my atv just yet.I also ordered a couple of bearings from Partskit plus a couple from somewhere else,also ordered some 45 degree angled grease fittings with a short shank,Alemite 1637-B1 45 degree angled grease fittings off Amazon for a pack of 10 for $4.62.The threaded portion of those grease fittings is less than an 1/8 of an inch.I thought about adding shims to take up the space between the swing arm arm's to eliminate some of that side to side movement.If the swing arm bushing is all steel could it be hardened?Heated until glowing red then quenched in oil maybe,know nothing other than what I have seen done on TV about hardening steel.
How do you make metal harder?
To make steel harder, it must be heated to very high temperatures. The final result of exactly how hard the steel becomes depends on the amount of carbon present in the metal. Only steel that is high in carbon can be hardened and tempered.