View Single Post
Old 07-29-2015, 12:25 PM   #3982

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adjuster View Post
NoVa I don't own an RX3 like you guys but all these switches on any motorcycle of any manufacturer pretty much work exactly the same. Some are going to be built to better quality and tolerances then others but the basic internal mechanics and functions are the same. Just open your switch up and have a look around. I bet you will be able to easily tweak it to work much better. Its all springs and ball bearings. Each ball bearing is a detent for the different functions and sometimes they are not under enough spring pressure to make a good and positive detent and connection.

Again a warning. Lots of small parts under spring pressure. Make sure you have a good hold on everything so you don't lose any parts. Its even a good idea to disassemble in a box or under a towel to keep parts from shooting over into the neighbors yard never to be found again.
Once again, that is very good general advice. However, I examined this particular component thoroughly, and I could not find any effective way to fix or adjust it. Therefore, I cleaned it, applied dielectric grease, and reassembled it. However, it still would not work. If anyone finds a way to fix/adjust this switch, I hope they will post the information.

The rest of the components in this particular switch, and the switchgear on the right handlebar, are very nice. However, this particular component is designed in such a way that it is extremely difficult, or impossible to fix/adjust, and any such efforts which are successful probably wouldn't last very long.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894