View Single Post
Old 06-26-2015, 10:06 PM   #41

Update time
I took a file after the stand....it took a while, but I eventually got it to fit.
getting the circlips on was a right pain in the posterior, but I managed eventually.

I forgot the loctite, but that screw took quite a bit to get on, as it had to cut its own threads into the hole in the frame...

Getting the spring on proved more challenging than anticipated - it's quite beefy and did not want to readily accept coinage....I eventually resorted to using some spectra cord along with another thicker cord for pulling on and we got the spring in place.

Here it is with the spectra dangling and the pennies still in place:

The stand does sit rather low, surprisingly so, even after I saw the photos from Fish, but since I'm new to riding, I don't think I'll be doing any crazy off road things any time soon

I had an assist to get it onto the stand, so haven't tried doing it myself just yet....but it's on I think I managed to scratch up the paint in a couple places while going at it with the file, debating on touching it up...the ends where I had to file are completely exposed, though the paint would just wear off during use in that location....and lets face it, it's a center stand...it's going to get dinged up.