View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 07:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBike View Post
just my opinion...not sure if you would find too much on the subject of name brand parts anywhere on this forum. I don't think many members would be too receptive of putting an $400 exhaust system on a hawk with so little to gain. (but then, i don't get out much)

Good luck to ya, looks h.q.
Thanks brother and honestly I just want some extra hp gains specifically bottom end other than doing sprocket sprocket change there isnt much out there. I ride for hours upstate NY high elevation and also in NYC at sea level so i need reliability & on the fly tuning. Thats one big reason why when it comes to exhausts & carbs ive been leaning towards brand name. Ive seen jetting issues with clones and knock offs first person even after a friend took it to a "shop" still had issues (Keihin clone carb on banshee). Im swapping the carb out for a genuine mikuni with K&N clamp on foam filter and trying to get as much hp possible with a nice exhaust. Then again these hawks arent meant to handle a race quality beating but I wanna see it through i get the most outta mine.