View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 04:04 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariel Red Hunter View Post
Good idea. The head pipe is the worst I've ever seen for exhaust gas flow. At the minimum, change the head pipe, and you will be even happier if you use a copper o-ring gasket between head and pipe. I like the VM 26 Mikuni for this engine. Very easy to tune, and parts are easy to get. There are pages of info on that carb, if you hunt for them, on this forum. I would much rather have a more open muffler/spark arrester than a tachometer on an off road bike. You don't have time to be looking at a tach when you are going through the boonies. Your ear will quickly learn where you are at, rpm wise. The pilot jet, and the throttle cutaway control low end, up to 1/3-1/2 throttle. Ideally, when you have the right main jet in the carb, the needle will be in the middle slot. If necessary, raising the needle a notch richens the mixture, lowering the needle weakens it at up to 3/4 throttle. Hope this helps you.
Thanks for the encouragement hunter! There are so many dam vm 26s out there im having a hard time deciding on that too...these two genuine mikuni vm26s caught my eye although they are spigot mount so i would need a spigot to flange mount but let me know what you fellow bird gang members thing about these two on a hawk!!! They share the same jet types as a banshee i think stock which makes availability almost universal which i like...here they are

www.ebay.com/itm/New-Real-MIKUNI-26MM-carb-VM26-606-ROUND-SLIDE-CARBURETOR-/310776591031?hash=item485bba72b7:g:eUgAAOxy4dNS-Pep&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mikuni-R...dWQkWS&vxp=mtr