View Single Post
Old 03-08-2015, 03:24 PM   #2489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldangrind View Post
I'm consistently amazed by the fixation on bikes that are north of 1200cc. I love Ducatis, but I don't want an adventure bike anywhere near the Multistrada size.

I agree with you on the need for small adventure touring bikes. I suspect we'll see that as an upcoming trend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by detours View Post
Exactly. The race for horsepower has skewed perceptions about riding, to the point some people say it's crazy to tour with anything less that 1000 cc. Or that my 462 lb, 64 hp vstrom or 600 lb Vulcan 900 are beginner bikes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by G19Tony View Post
Me too. I've never cared for large bikes, and the crap I get about it is amazing. The F800GT is the largest bike I've ever owned. I've always been in the 205-650 range. I'm really excited about the RX-3.
X3. I really like the simplicity and low cost of operation which is intrinsic for single cylinder motorcycles with small displacement engines. Also, I am never in a hurry while riding a motorcycle. Speeding along the interstate for hours on end is not my idea of a fun adventure. If I need to get somewhere fast, I will take my automobile. If I want to get somewhere fast and ride my motorcycle after arriving, I will trailer my dirt bike behind the car.

"Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, and beat you with experience." Mark Twain

2015 Zongshen ZS250GY-3 (RX3)
2006 Zongshen ZS200GY-2 (Sierra 200)
2005 Honda XR650L
2004 Honda CRF250X
1998 Kawasaki KDX220

Mods made to my Zongshen ZS200GY-2: http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6894