View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 08:59 AM   #10

Thanks for the replies.... So the bike only takes 1 square of oil total? That's cheap! I'll change that very often for that price and simplicity. I've heard someone mention something about a metal oil filter that you can simply just wash out and reinstall it - thoughts? It's new to me.. As far as the oil, does it have to be Rotella brand, or can I get away with some generic 15-40w?

I'll definitely get pics as soon as I get it. I'm waiting on shipping confirmation. I ordered a helmet yesterday - Bell MX-9 MIPS Barricade. Also have some O'Neal element boots arriving today. That's all I have for now until I get the bike and reassess it all.

I've read a lot about people getting the Mikuni Carb... Is this a must? I mean, it's so cheap... Will the bike run just fine while learning? I'm trying to start slow and now drop boat loads of cash - as I tend to do with all of my hobbies - I never go small...

I've obviously never laid eyes on a bike closely, but I hear the chain tensioner is garbage. Anyone have a link or suggestion on what to replace it with? I'm assuming garbage meaning the hardware but again, I'm not sure.