View Single Post
Old 12-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #33

Not all GYs are created equally. I think that the manufacturers could come up with some more descriptive designations. For instance, the 'old' GYs could continue to be called a 'GY' provided a bike is a dirt or dual sport bike with an 'old' Honda cloned engine.

The Suzuki-like ones are already called XF, so that should be the name. If Zongshen ever brings back the Yamaha clone engine, those could be called something else.

I am not sure if the new range of liquid-cooled engines recently released by Shineray and most recently by Zongshen (i.e. their new RX3 shown on Mychinamoto) but if so, those could be referred to as something else.

Every time someone new joins up, and they obtained a low-cost bike from CL or trade, they usually have a GY. This way, we can have a visual, when they join and have no idea what it is. We can say, "oh, yeah, that is a Hondnoid" When Qlinks start showing up here as $ 500 deals, and the owner has no idea what it is, at least he/she could say "it's a XF" and we would have a good idea what it is they are referring to.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard