View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 07:26 AM   #3369

Send a message via Skype™ to jezzrite
USB and cigarette port.

Just received new toys from TaoBao, the USB and cigarette ports that came stock with CSC's RX3.

Note that you have to purchase them separately; the individual ports, and the wing-mounts that you have to replace your stock wing-mount with.

Total is 4 items altogether. 2 ports n 2 mounts. USB by default is on the right side, and cigarette socket on the left side.

Some questions.

1) What is the name of this connector?

This is the connector that comes attached to the cigarette socket.

2) And this?

This one is attached to the USB port.

I'm having trouble finding these connectors at the local electronic/motorcycle/car accessories/hardware shops. And one shop even claimed that I can find those in car junkyards (we call them "half-cut shops" here).

I read that the RX3 comes with the headlight switch converted into accessories switch, straight from the factory. By regulation, motorcycles here are also required to switch the headlights all the time. So I'm thinking of configuring my wiring to be similar to RX3.

Any pointers? Or should I just skip the wiring reconfiguration, leave it as it is, and just find the connectors (tough luck to me) and plug it straight to the battery terminals?

No wonder aliens never make contact with us.

-A Zong rider-