View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 09:41 AM   #2

Well, since the tires are nearly new, I'm not going to replace them yet, even though they're not DOT-legal. Gonna have to take my chances there. Gotta go careful around the corners on the street as well.

Equipment I'll need is lights, blinkers, horn, mirrors. Some other stuff will be valve clearance check/adjust, gearing changes, carb upgrade to Mikuni, oil change.

Here's the 'universal' headlight I have. My son picked this up somewhere and he gave it to me. It has a high/low beam, and even has integral blinkers. You can also just catch a glimpse of the tail / brake / license plate assembly I'll be using sitting on the bike to the right in the background.

I ordered a universal headlight/hi-low/blinker/horn switch off ebay, and while I wait for it to show up, there's other stuff to do. This bike, for some reason, came with the kill switch / e-start button assembly mounted on the LEFT handlebar. Now that I've got the light switch assembly coming, I decided to swap sides so the switches will all be in their "normal" places.

On this bike, the front brake lever assembly had what was a safety switch. You were supposed to have to squeeze the brake lever for the e-start to be able to work. I bypassed that, but it left a perfectly nice switch available for use as a brake light switch. I'll maybe one day add a rear brake light switch. I've seen hydraulic switches that install right at the banjo bolt in the system. It's not top priority, since I'll at least have a brake light off the front brake for now.