View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #5

oh no....

Thanks fellows for the welcome...
Well to answer a few questions,. i have thoroughly cleaned the carb and the tank exceptionally well. The PO has someonelese clean it but never had any luck. So anyway, the kit the bike comes with had an extra plug that i installed, that was never used. So i gapped it and put it in. For the most part, when it does decide to crank up and run, after 5 or 6 miles down the road, it quits running. And i have to wait til it cools off for the darn thing to crank! Fast Doc,. are you saying that yours had the same problem Weak fire? .... and then you replaced all three units? And that did not correct the problem? Oh man that sucks!! Where did the parts come from? Man i cant beleieve that, disappointing id say. I dont know what to do at this point. i set the carb at 1 1/4 turns out but i havent tried the starting fluid in it yet. I have though, used a small clear fuel line and put it directly into the combstion chamber. Still no go, plug comes out wet.
Well maybe i should just buy a new plug anyway.. .025'' on the setting ,.correct? Does anyone else have the same problem.? What would be a good test is to find someone with a RUNNING zong, same as ours and have them check the fire, to see if that is normal? What do ya think? Thanks fellows.. spud and weldangrind... look forward to your replies...