View Single Post
Old 12-04-2021, 02:44 PM   #40

X-Pect EFI fuel system and Oxygen sensor, ECU, Trouble codes, Owners Manual

There is a black box (fuel cell?) with two hoses coming into the top from the gas tank and the fuel pump is bolted the bottom with its electrical connector and the high-pressure fuel line to the fuel injector. Gas comes from the tank by way of the petcock into the black box, or fuel cell and is pressurized by the pump and transported to the injector. The Owner’s manual shows the fuel pump as part of the tank but that is obviously not the case. I am thinking the fuel flows from the tank by gravity and it is not pressurized but could be mistaken time will tell. The second hose line from the black box back to the fuel tank must be an unused fuel return line. There is no obvious filter for the fuel and a filter must be included as part of the fuel pump. If anyone has clarification, feel free to add a comment.

fuel cell

The fuel pump is marked with 250 KPa which translates into 36 psi.

Fuel Injector

The oxygen sensor with a thread diameter of 12mm. It has anti seize, I will spread it evenly or add more in case I need to remove it. Good function critical for EFI.

ECU - Troubleshooting the EFI, go to the Owners Manual, best place to start, has a troubleshooting section and fault codes. ECU will flash out trouble codes.

Last edited by China Rider 27; 12-12-2021 at 10:29 PM.